Unity Technologies, one of the largest global development platforms for creating 2D, 3D, VR and AR games and experiences, is launching a series of global workshops to support women in the gaming industry. The five talks across the world will be led by industry leaders on issues pertaining to the development of women’s careers in gaming.
The five women confirmed to lead the workshops come with deep knowledge of and leadership in games, entertainment, digital business and startups and include academics from UC Berkeley and USC (University of Southern Carolina).
These leaders in their fields will share their experiences, insights, and best practices on strategic thinking, influencing skills, and career navigation in the gaming industry. The five events will be the ideal platform for women to exchange ideas, learn from and support each other.
The five events and confirmed speakers are:
• June 1, 2016 in Amsterdam with Fiona Sperry, Founder, Three Fields Entertainment.
• June 20, 2016 in San Francisco with Professor Dana Carney, UC Berkeley.
• July 28, 2016 in Shanghai with Amy Huang, AVP at NetEase Capital; Evelyn Liu, CTO at Firevale; and Yanyan Xiong (Shining Hsiong), Founder of Shenzhenware.
• September 22, 2016 in San Francisco with Nanea Reeves, President & COO, textPlus.
• Early November, 2016 in Los Angeles with Professor Tracy Fullerton, USC.
All events are free and open to public.